The July issue of Meetings and Conventions magazine has a great cover story by Michael J. Shapiro. The story is titled “The Hybrid Touch: Why Innovative Planners Are Embracing Virtual Elements for Med/Pharma Meetings.”
Why Virtual Makes Sense
In the cover story, Bill Cooney, CEO of MedPoint Communications, provides reasons why adding virtual elements to face-to-face meetings make sense. Cooney’s reasons are:
- Time constraints: MedPoint’s audience is busy and has less time to go to meetings.
- Economic shifts: Pressure “to provide more cost-effective products and lower the cost of promotion.”
- Evolving regulations: New limits and disclosure placed around spending, dining and entertainment.
- Technology advances: Increased bandwidth and more sophisticated virtual meeting platforms.
Here’s a link to the full article: The Hybrid Touch
- White Paper: Hybrid Events Best Practices
- Blog Posting: How Hybrid Events are Like Reality Television
Post contributed by Dennis Shiao