I recently attended Taleo World 2011 in San Francisco. At Taleo World, I had the opportunity to chat with Human Resources (HR) and Learning professionals about how they can leverage digital platforms for social learning and talent acquisition. The more I spoke to attendees, the more I came to realize that digital platforms can be so much more than a “point solution.” Instead, they can enable a continuum of services that cover an entire life cycle for an organization’s employees or members.
Let’s Consider the Life Cycle
Digital platforms can serve a role in each “phase” of the employee life cycle:
- Talent recruitment (digital job fairs).
- Onboarding (digital onboarding programs).
- Learning and continuing education (virtual learning centers).
- Development, motivation and executive communications (internal communications centers).
I’ve seen client use cases for each of these phases, but until Taleo World, I hadn’t considered that HR and Learning professionals have the opportunity to build the entire continuum, all on top of a single digital platform.
In simpler terms, we can now leverage a single digital platform to:
- Get them “in.”
- Bring them up to speed.
- Provide them ongoing education.
- Motivate, develop and retain them.
Next Up: HR LIVE!™
Join us on September 27, 2011, from 11AM-3PM ET for a half-day event called HR LIVE!™. The program will center around how HR and Learning Professionals can leverage digital platforms for recruitment, learning and communication.
To register, visit:
- Solutions Sheets, Case Studies, White Papers and Blueprints on: Social Learning and Talent Acquisition
Post contributed by Dennis Shiao