We plan to produce a video chapter book, “Your Complete Guide to Hybrid Events.” We plan to post the video chapter book on our web site and on YouTube. Our goal is to create an educational resource on hybrid events that can benefit the entire industry. We’ll produce and host the chapter book, but we’re inviting YOU (the community) to provide the content. We’ve defined the chapter titles and would like to feature your thoughts and insights.
We’ve defined the following eight chapters:
- What is a hybrid event? [Jenise Fryatt, Icon Presentations]
- Why should event planners consider a digital extension to their face-to-face events? [Jessica Levin, President and Chief Connector at Seven Degrees Communications]
- Do hybrid events cannibalize attendance at the face-to-face event? [Dana Freker Doody, Vice President of Corporate Communications, The Expo Group]
- How do you measure hybrid event ROI? [Todd Hanson, President & Founder, Catalyst Performance Group, Inc.]
- What the most important thing to ‘get right’ when planning hybrid events? [Tony Lorenz, CEO, bXb Online]
- What’s the one thing everyone forgets to do when planning hybrid events? [Midori Connolly, CEO/Chief AVGirl, Pulse Staging & Events]
- Should hybrid events include a virtual emcee? Why or why not? [Emilie Barta, Hybrid Event Consultant / Virtual Emcee]
- Tell us about your own hybrid event? [Executive from Freeman]
How to Participate
We’ll have camera crews available at PCMA Convening Leaders and Virtual Edge Summit, January 8-11, 2012 in San Diego (at the San Diego Convention Center). If you’ll be in San Diego for these events and would like to be interviewed for one of the chapters, leave a comment below or email me.
Your comment (or email) should include the chapter you’d like to be interviewed for – along with a set of days/times that you’re available at the San Diego Convention Center.
We plan to videotape you for 10 minutes, then edit down final answers (chapters) to be two minutes in duration.
We’re looking forward to your participation – thanks!
Post contributed by Dennis Shiao